CELEBRATE THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR NEWBORN WITH SIP AND SEE INVITATIONS
Parents often list the birth of their child as the most memorable day of their lives. As parents welcome the birth of a newborn, all their friends and family will be just as excited to meet the cute new addition to the family. Jumpstart the excitement by sending out sip and see invitations early, so friends can mark their calendar as to when they can see your new bundle of joy. Traditionally a sip and see or “baby welcome party” is held anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months after the baby is born. In some cases, parents decide to hold this kind of party instead of a more traditional baby shower.
Invite your loved ones by sending out a sip and see invite with a sneak peek of your child’s smiling face printed on it. Minted has cards designed by independent artists from around the world in a variety of styles and themes to perfectly match your party theme and get your guests excited to meet your bundle of joy.
FOR CLARITY, WHAT EXACTLY IS A SIP & SEE?
Once your baby is born, family and friends will be eager to meet him or her. And it goes without saying, you as parents probably cannot wait to show off your adorable infant! A sip and see is the perfect intimate event to introduce your baby to close family and friends shortly after birth. Families choose to host them because it can be easier to have a group of people drop by to meet the baby in one fell swoop, rather than entertaining individual friends one at a time during the first three months of parenthood. During the get-together, there are usually drinks and appetizers served for guests to enjoy. The party should be scheduled at a time that won’t severely impact the baby’s sleeping schedule, as you can bet guests will want to hold and interact with your newborn.
SELECT FROM AN ASSORTMENT OF SIP AND SEE INVITE THEMES
Minted has a variety of fun sip n see invite looks and themes to choose from to perfectly broadcast the concept behind your baby’s debut party. Pick a design showcasing a tropical cocktail drink with a striped foldover straw if you are hosting an outdoor pool party or tropical event near the beach. Use a “Rose et Baby” French design perfect for pouring glasses of your favorite wine and serving up French appetizers. If you’re holding a winter hot cocoa party, pick a card design featuring warm thermoses and falling snowflakes. Or if it’ll be an evening affair, you could go with a twinkle twinkle look featuring stars and the moon. With so many sip & see invites to choose from, you’re bound to find one perfect for your party.
PERSONALIZE YOUR CARD DESIGN AND MESSAGING WITH EASE
Using Minted’s easy-to-use online tool, you can quickly adjust the templates of our sip and see invitations. Whether you are introducing a precious baby boy or a baby girl, create the perfect party invitation that will get guests excited about the event. All our flat cards are sized 5” x 7” and include an envelope. Customize cards in the following ways:
- Pick the Card Shape: Opt to have a card with a frame that’s square, round, wavy, or curved. Personalizing the shape gives your card its own playful look.
- Pick a Paper Type: Print your baby welcome party invites on a thick luxurious stock that has a creamy, cotton texture. There are also specialty paper options like DoubleThick that are noticeably luxurious or Recycled which is made from FSC-certified 100% post-consumer waste. Finally, you can opt for a Pearlescent paper that has a subtle shimmer finish and leaves a soft glow on photographs for an extra amount of elegance.
- Update Important Text Details: Feature all your specific party details on the invite using the font styling and sizing of your choice. If you need additional room to add text, simply drag the text box to a different alignment within the design.
- Pick the Color Theme: If the planned color theme and decor for your party is primarily purple, blue, coral, or pink, then opt to customize your card to hint at that color theme! Our online editing tools allow you to easily manipulate the color arrangements and preview the new styling.
- Feature a Picture or Two: The fun thing about sip n see invitations compared to baby shower invites is that you can share pictures of your newborn! Choose to feature an image on the front or the back of your invites.
- Envelope Design: Upgrade to a colored envelope and even feature free recipient address labeling printed on each envelope.
FEATURE ADDITIONAL COORDINATED STATIONERY
Once you’ve created your sip and see invite, Minted will provide additional recommended stationery ideas to help you achieve a uniform look for your event. Review thank you cards, favor stickers, and favor tags that can be purchased alongside your order to help carry a coordinated theme at your party.