SEND A STYLISH POSTCARD TO SAVE THE DATE
- The size of the save the date postcard is 4.25" x 6" and each card requires a 35¢ stamp.
- Highly and easily customizable save the date postcard template. Include your photo, add text boxes, and even QR code to your wedding website to personalize the design.
- Choose from various colors, fonts, foil options to match your wedding theme.
- Free recipient addressing on each save the date postcard. All you need to do is to put the stamps and mail them.
- Printed on luxurious Minted's signature paper (130lb., 19.3 point thickness).
Schedule a free consultation with a dedicated Wedding Concierge who will walk you through your customization to get exactly what you want. Or create a custom design from scratch with Minted’s artists.
When should I send my save-the-date postcards?
It is best practice to send your save the date six to eight months before your wedding day. This will allow plenty of time for guests to block their calendar or shuffle pre-planned events around so they attend your wedding. This is especially important for non-local guests or when planning a destination wedding.
Who should get a save the date postcard?
Send the save the date postcards to everyone on your guest list. If you have a smaller list of guests that you are undecided on whether you want to invite them or not, you should not send them a save the date. You can always send them a formal invitation down the line as you start to understand what the confirmed guest count is looking like.
How to address save the date postcards
Address the recipient with their proper title, such as "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Ms.", or "Dr.". Use the recipient's full name, including their first and last name. If you are addressing a couple, include both of their full names. Learn more about how to address your wedding correspondence here.
Find more detailed answers to all of these questions and even more in our save-the-date etiquette article.
HOW MINTED WILL LEAVE THE PERFECT FIRST IMPRESSION
Drum up some excitement with your wedding guests by sending them chic, beautiful, and uniquely designed save-the-date postcards from Minted. Browse through hundreds of hand-made designs all created by independent artists from across the world. Find joy in exploring vastly unique designs that differ in color pairings, artistic techniques, and origin of inspiration. Our community of independent artists compete with each other through online design competitions for the opportunity to have their designs displayed and sold on Minted. As you browse through our collections, understand that each card shown has beat out many other designs to be featured. If looking for a little inspiration on a theme to go with, read through our post on save the date designs and themes we love.
Our paper quality is equally impressive. Your wedding guests will feel the quality of your correspondence as they reach for your postcard in the mail. Through our decades-long partnership with Mohawk Paper, we have secured exclusive paper that is milled in the United States and reserved exclusively for Minted orders. The creamy texture of the paper creates an ideal canvas for your personalized design to be printed on.
If you’re really looking to add a wow factor to your wedding mailer, we have a few recommendations sure to hit the nail on the head.
- Add Glowing Foil - Some of our select designs include foil press elements. This means that there are elements of the design such as text, geometric lines, and shapes or artistic drawings that are printed in shiny metallic colors. Customize your design to be printed in gold, silver, rose gold, glittery gold, glittery silver, bronze, blue foil, or black foil. Each color can have a dramatic effect on the final presentation of your card.
- Free Address Labeling - For those of us that don’t have the best penmanship, it can sometimes be embarrassing addressing a card. We are all told to never judge a book by its cover, but quite often the address is the first element that catches our eye when inspecting an article of mail. If that address is written poorly, just think of the potential first impression you are leaving with your mail recipients. For this reason, Minted provides free recipient addressing on our postcards. Simply upload your wedding guest addresses into the address assistant, select the styling and font you like, and Minted will take care of the rest. This service also saves you time from hand-writing a different address on every mailer.
- Matching Correspondence - When sending your first wedding correspondence from Minted, you are setting the bar high for expectations on things to come. Not to worry, we can help you coordinate the look of your save the date with an entire wedding stationery suite including wedding invitations, RSVP cards, wedding announcements, and wedding thank you cards. Carry your chosen look through with day-of-celebration decor like menu cards, place cards, and wedding favors.
If you are the kind of shopper that likes to hold a product or try it on before purchase, we totally understand. We allow shoppers to order a free sample of our postcard save the dates from our site so you can experience the Minted quality first hand before making your final order. Just pick a design or two that interests you and request a free sample.
WHAT CAN BE PERSONALIZED ON THE POSTCARD?
Once you have your creative vision, it's time to get it implemented on a tangible save-the-date postcard you can mail out. Minted’s online customization tool is built with ease-of-use as a top priority. From photo preview tools to simple text box manipulation options, we want to make sure your final design is printed exactly how you envisioned. Take a look below at some of your options for personalization:
- Include a Photo - What a perfect opportunity to show off that professional engagement photo you had taken! Filter your view of design options to include designs that feature one, two, three, or more than four personal images. We also recommend using our Find it Fast™ tool, which will automatically load your personal image into all of our designs so you can quickly sample what each unique design looks like juxtapositioned with your image. If you prefer the front of your postcard to be more informational, you can always opt to add an image to the back of your card.
- Edit the Text - Make sure to include all the valuable information you want to share with your wedding guests onto your save the date. Click on the various text boxes displayed on your design to edit wedding dates, venue location, couple’s names, and more. You will have the option to adjust the font size, color, styling, and alignment. Do you prefer that the text appears somewhere else on the design? Simply drag it to a different location on the card.
- Alter the Color - Each of our designs can be altered to showcase a different color theme. Match your card with the color theme you have imagined for your wedding ceremony. Pick from unique colors like plum, blush, tumbleweed, cupcake, and more.
As you finalize your mailer, know that you can also customize the number of cards you wish to order. The minimum order for our save-the-date wedding postcards is 25, and order quantities increase by allotments of 10. This way you can order just the right amount of mailers based on your wedding guest list.
IMPORTANT SAVE-THE-DATE REMINDERS
Here are a few of our top things to keep in mind as you plan, design, and send your postcards. After all, you only get one first impression, so you want to make sure you have crossed every “T” and dotted every “I”.
What important information do you need to include?
- Names - Include the bride’s name first. For same-sex marriages, consider arranging the names in alphabetical order.
- Date - Include the date you will be having your wedding. Think about spelling out the numbers, month, and year in full for a more elegant feel.
- Location - Even if you are still finalizing your exact wedding venue, it is best to at least share the city and state your wedding will be in.
- Website URL - Provide your wedding website address so guests can learn more about your wedding details as they unfold.
- Invitation to Follow - Somewhere on your save the date, you could mention that a formal invitation will follow. This way guests understand no immediate action is needed on their part.